Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protecting The 32+ System Linux Test Farm With Nest Protect

Phoronix: Protecting The 32+ System Linux Test Farm With Nest Protect

The latest IP assignments for our 32+ system open-source Linux benchmarking test farm isn't for more benchmarking systems at this time but rather for the smoke alarms. Adding the Nest Protect devices give a bit more peace of mind running many computers on residential wiring.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

what's next?
    ads for brooms?
    I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorgos View Post
      what's next?
      ads for brooms?
      I'm out.
      What's wrong with you? Am I the only one who owns a little server farm and found it interesting? Ad or not it's still way more interesting than the average click baiting article
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
        What's wrong with you? Am I the only one who owns a little server farm and found it interesting? Ad or not it's still way more interesting than the average click baiting article
        This is Phoronix forums logic, where Michael is a super-rich sellout and every article is made-up speculation without proof and useless.

Comment

It could be a useful tool with that many computers around.

I think the X99S+i7 5960X incident had more to do with this than anything else. You never forget that smell.

Comment

In my situation I can shut off power strips when not around, but nothign is 100%

In my situation I can shut off power strips when not around, protecting computers and other electrical devices I build myself not only from this sort of fire risk but from power surges, etc when not around. Still, there's always something that can bite. I once had a bicycle headlight fed by an R/C car battery pack short circuit and ignite the wiring, damaging carbon fiber frame tubes( yes, I repaired them and rode that frame 7 more years). Not being on AC or a big lead-acid battery, that was not the sort of thing I thought about for fire hazards.

Usual rule I use for homemade electrical devices these days: AC plugs out and batteries physically disconnected when I am not around them.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorgos View Post
              what's next?
              ads for brooms?
              I'm out.
              Hell yes!

So many unoccupied white walls in Michael's Office..
              How about offering a paid Ad, then printing A3+ posters with Sponsor and hanging it in the office?
              Or doing that for companies who sponsor/ship hardware.

Comment

Considering it is a network device what will happen if a router catches fire? It will turn on the built-in voice alarm but will not be able to notify me?

Comment

Originally posted by kruger View Post
                  Considering it is a network device what will happen if a router catches fire? It will turn on the built-in voice alarm but will not be able to notify me?
                  with no Warranty with unexpected firewall's in your network...

Comment

Cloth Banners

Originally posted by brosis View Post
                    Hell yes!

So many unoccupied white walls in Michael's Office..
                    How about offering a paid Ad, then printing A3+ posters with Sponsor and hanging it in the office?
                    Or doing that for companies who sponsor/ship hardware.
                    Many companies that sponsor things can usually provide "cloth like" banners that can be hung. Sometimes these banners are "extras" that were once used at tradeshows. I'm not sure which is cheeper, paper or cloth, but the "impact" can be similar.

Comment

Working...
                    X