Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Broadwell NUCs Announced, To Begin Shipping Next Month

Phoronix: Intel Broadwell NUCs Announced, To Begin Shipping Next Month

Along with many other announcements out of Intel this week for the Consumer Electronic Show, Intel officially lifted the lid on their new Broadwell NUCs!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sweet

Would really like a passively-cooled Atom-powered NUC though.
    Preferably fully fledged with SATA Express, M.2, HDMI, DisplayPort, USB 3.1, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Would really like a passively-cooled Atom-powered NUC though.
      Preferably fully fledged with SATA Express, M.2, HDMI, DisplayPort, USB 3.1, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC.
      I'm afraid despite the good idea of having only 5-7.5 watt TDP, Atom is probably still too slow for regular Desktop usage, even in 14nm. Maybe in 10nm it will become fast/usable enough, until then I'd recommend Celeron / 15 watt 22-14nm CPUs. We own some NUCs so I'm not talking out of the blue.

Michael, maybe you can make comparison benchmarks with prior the version of NUCs.

Comment

Originally posted by opensource View Post
        I'm afraid despite the good idea of having only 5-7.5 watt TDP, Atom is probably still too slow for regular Desktop usage, even in 14nm. Maybe in 10nm it will become fast/usable enough, until then I'd recommend Celeron / 15 watt 22-14nm CPUs. We own some NUCs so I'm not talking out of the blue.

Michael, maybe you can make comparison benchmarks with prior the version of NUCs.
        Maybe so, but would still be cool for non-desktop use.
        Such as a home microserver with OpenSSH, Git, ownCloud, webserver, database, and PHP/Python/Ruby.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          Maybe so, but would still be cool for non-desktop use.
          Such as a home microserver with OpenSSH, Git, ownCloud, webserver, database, and PHP/Python/Ruby.
          Agree.

Comment

Working...
          X