Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.2 Beta Brings BlueDevil, Muon & GTK App Style

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.2 Beta Brings BlueDevil, Muon & GTK App Style

The first beta release of KDE Plasma 5.2 is now available ahead of its planned official release later this month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

kde starts to look really great. maybe at 5.3 or 5.4 I'll do the jump

Comment

Originally posted by gufide View Post
      kde starts to look really great. maybe at 5.3 or 5.4 I'll do the jump
      Plasma 5.4 should be when it become ready for general consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
        Plasma 5.4 should be when it become ready for general consumption.
        That means at least half a year. I would think that wayland should be tip-top on KDE?! Is this finally the year of wayland on the desktop?! lol

Comment

Nice, also it has a fix for audio skipping when using the Media Control plasmoid. Which was one of my last annoyances.

Comment

it doesnt really work on wayland yet

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
              That means at least half a year. I would think that wayland should be tip-top on KDE?! Is this finally the year of wayland on the desktop?! lol
              There's no reason to believe that 2015 will not be the year of wayland on the (linux) desktop (for KDE and Gnome). Gnome will be ready this year, and if I remember Martin's blog right, he was planning wayland support for Plasma 5.3, which even if it's not, it should be done this year.

Comment

Working...
              X