Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora 22 To Use Libinput On X.Org, Change Console Font & Have Local DNS Resolver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 22 To Use Libinput On X.Org, Change Console Font & Have Local DNS Resolver

Phoronix: Fedora 22 To Use Libinput On X.Org, Change Console Font & Have Local DNS Resolver

Besides deciding to stick to Fedora 22's time-based release schedule, the Fedora Engineering and Steering Committee also approved some new features for Fedora 22...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I really like the path Fedora is taking.

Comment

Next step is libinput merged into systemd. /s

Comment

More madness

Ok... I'm all for moving forward, but inside the datcenter, what we're seeing a pretty large scale regression managment wise.

I know this is not going to affect the desktop newbie.... but configuration mgmt wise, it's a much harder thing to back port basic existing packages now that Red Hat and Fedora have moved to systemd and friends. So... you may think you are not impacted, but now you're going to have to do a lot more rpm spec rewriting (and for many, you may not have been used to do any at all).

Anyhow, just something we're seeing even though we haven't moved to a systemd base yet...we're still being impacted....

Just something to consider. If you're always maintaining your packages totally on your own, then this won't be a big problem. But we're seeing the shortcuts going away...

Comment

Originally posted by cjcox View Post
          Ok... I'm all for moving forward, but inside the datcenter, what we're seeing a pretty large scale regression managment wise.

I know this is not going to affect the desktop newbie.... but configuration mgmt wise, it's a much harder thing to back port basic existing packages now that Red Hat and Fedora have moved to systemd and friends. So... you may think you are not impacted, but now you're going to have to do a lot more rpm spec rewriting (and for many, you may not have been used to do any at all).

Anyhow, just something we're seeing even though we haven't moved to a systemd base yet...we're still being impacted....

Just something to consider. If you're always maintaining your packages totally on your own, then this won't be a big problem. But we're seeing the shortcuts going away...
          Upgrade to RHEL 7. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by cjcox View Post

systemd in the data center (first hand experience) is wonderful. I would never consider going back to sysvinit or to anything even upstart based.

Comment

Working...
            X