Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 15.04 "Vivid Vervet" Alpha 2 Released

Phoronix: Ubuntu 15.04 "Vivid Vervet" Alpha 2 Released

The Ubuntu flavors opting in for a second alpha release for the 15.04 Vivid Vervet cycle have out their new releases today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Runs on systemd by default?

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
      I think that was the plan, but I'm not sure. Maybe download it yourself and see, or check in at their IRC.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Phoronix: Ubuntu 15.04 "Vivid Vervet" Alpha 2 Released

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-15.04-Alpha-2
        What's the diference between Ubuntu Cloud And Ubuntu Server? Or are the Ubuntu Cloud just preconfigurated instances for Amazon Ec2?

Comment

Noet yet as far as i know...
          But, in grub if you go top advanced options theres a systemd option there.
          Seems to work fine, i tested it a few times.

Comment

I thought systemd was default for 16.04 but not confirmed as default earlier?

I thought Canonical confirmed that systemd would be default for 16.04 but they had not yet announced whether it would be default for 15.04 or 15.10.

Resume the biggest nerd flamewar of 2014 in 3....2....1....

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
              I thought Canonical confirmed that systemd would be default for 16.04 but they had not yet announced whether it would be default for 15.04 or 15.10.

Resume the biggest nerd flamewar of 2014 in 3....2....1....
              Its impossivel to flame atm since you have both upstart and systemd.
              Unless you wanna fight for having both -.-

Comment

Systemd has a bug that doesn't let you boot if the Windows partition is on hibernate mode, it boot to a rescue cmd. That will be a PITA for Ubuntu + Windows 8 users. I haved that bug in Arch Linux few years ago and still is present, Is on the release notes for Jessie. Other similar situation is that systemd it will stay checking the disk integrity forever, that bug was experienced for me on Fedora 18 and still is presented on Jessie bugs.

Comment

Nope.
                  Upstart still is the default.
                  Installing systemd-sysv package will switch init to systemd.

Been using 15.04 since they announced alpha1, upgraded from 14.10 with no issues at all.
                  It has been running great so far with systemd, I use vanilla kernels with custom config (3.19-rc5 atm) tho.

Comment

no, it's not a systemd bug

Systemd has a bug that doesn't let you boot if the Windows partition is on hibernate mode, it boot to a rescue cmd. That will be a PITA for Ubuntu + Windows 8 users. I haved that bug in Arch Linux few years ago and still is present, Is on the release notes for Jessie. Other similar situation is that systemd it will stay checking the disk integrity forever, that bug was experienced for me on Fedora 18 and still is presented on Jessie bugs.
                    nope, that's not systemd, it's from ntfs-3g
                    and it's not a bug, its a protective setting,it's risky to mount hibernated drives, i'm pretty sure you can force to mount at every boot like others systems do (setted at fallback) making some changes at /etc/fstab.

Comment

Working...
                    X