Red Hat Is Hiring More Developers To Work On Wayland, Open-Source Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hat Is Hiring More Developers To Work On Wayland, Open-Source Graphics

Phoronix: Red Hat Is Hiring More Developers To Work On Wayland, Open-Source Graphics

Red Hat is hiring more developers that will focus on Fedora, especially the Fedora Workstation product, that in turn will flow back into RHEL and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation. Among the type of work that Red Hat is looking for in the candidates include experience with Wayland, LLVMpipe, X.Org, compiler optimizations, graphics driver enablement, etc...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wish I had a degree and a reputation in FOSS.. this sounds like a really cool job.

Comment

redhat just needs to wait for lennart to take this on as part of systemd.

Comment

Originally posted by bnolsen View Post
        redhat just needs to wait for lennart to take this on as part of systemd.

unlike some.... redhat...lennart...or others like them, put their money where their mouth is. just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Phoronix: Red Hat Is Hiring More Developers To Work On Wayland, Open-Source Graphics

Red Hat is hiring more developers that will focus on Fedora, especially the Fedora Workstation product, that in turn will flow back into RHEL and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation. Among the type of work that Red Hat is looking for in the candidates include experience with Wayland, LLVMpipe, X.Org, compiler optimizations, graphics driver enablement, etc...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ng-Fedora-Work
          are they hiring evangelists?

Comment

Red Hat rules !

Comment

Red Hat rules !
              I couldn't agree more.

They contribute back so everybody can benefit from their work, instead of trying to make short-term profit or headlines.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
                Wish I had a degree and a reputation in FOSS.. this sounds like a really cool job.
                What's stopping you? With over 500 phoronix posts you're already halfway dev.

Comment

This is good news, but like I said before though, I just hope wayland doesn't become systemd-wayland.

redhat does very good for the community. no complaints from me.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                    This is good news, but like I said before though, I just hope wayland doesn't become systemd-wayland.

redhat does very good for the community. no complaints from me.
                    That is some funny trolling. Almost spat my coffee out on the first one :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X