Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dying Light Is Headed To Linux, SteamOS

Phoronix: Dying Light Appears Headed To Linux, SteamOS

Dying Light is a survival horror game developed by Techland. Up to now its release later this month has been billed as a Windows / PlayStation 4 / Xbox One title, but it looks now like it will premiere on Steam for Linux / SteamOS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Its not the same engine. Dead Island use old Chrome Engine (4 or 5 I don't remember but they don't support Linux directly) but Dying Light use Chrome Engine 6 with native Linux and Mac support.

Comment

The main Steam store page has "coming soon to SteamOS/Linux" banner for the game.
      Linux icon and specs: http://store.steampowered.com/app/239140/

Comment

Need a lot more games like this on Linux. A lot of the new Windows 10 announcements were deliberately aimed at Steam and SteamBox.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
          Need a lot more games like this on Linux. A lot of the new Windows 10 announcements were deliberately aimed at Steam and SteamBox.
          I got that vibe as well. Hopefully Valve comes out with guns blazing at GDC.

Comment

Bad experience with Dead Island

I will wait for the first reports. Dead Island was very bugged, still don't play in AMD cards, at last with the OSS driver.

If this game is well supported with the radeonsi, I will buy it with full price.

Comment

Since it's already has the penguin and has linux requirements can we assume launch day support?

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
                M$ clearly perceived Steam as their main competitor as for games goes in PC market, Valve is the only one that can screw up M$ plans for W10 store.

It's gonna be an all out war, no prisoners

Comment

Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
                  Since it's already has the penguin and has linux requirements can we assume launch day support?
                  Same day linux launch confirmed! Just bought it pre-loading ON LINUX now!

Such wow.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                    I got that vibe as well. Hopefully Valve comes out with guns blazing at GDC.
                    Yes but then they should have no bugs like the one in the deinstaller very recently with that unchecked variable and
                    # rm -rf foobar/* stuff
                    That was quite lazy and could lead to horrible side effects as some sad people had to experience.

And yes, a lot of that W10 hot air seemed to be targeted in that direction. Anyway I'll look forward to that game. And I hope it works with the free driver stack once it is out.
                    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
                    X