Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugzilla 5.0 Is Coming Soon With New Features

Phoronix: Bugzilla 5.0 Is Coming Soon With New Features

Bugzilla 5.0 is gearing up for a release in the next few weeks and with this big version bump will come a number of new features to this popular open-source bug tracking software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There is also my fork of Bugzilla with a lot of new features, Bugzilla4Intranet. We use it in our company for ~5 years.

Improved fork of Bugzilla with many new features. Contribute to vitalif/bugzilla-4intranet development by creating an account on GitHub.

Feature list: https://github.com/vitalif/bugzilla-...beta/CHANGELOG

I've never made public releases yet, but you can try it out from the 'beta' branch (all listed features except separate localisation layer which is still in 'i18n' branch).

Please note that DB is dramatically refactored in my fork (original has an idiotic structure: integer primary keys have different types (i.e. some are smallint, some mediumint, some normal int), and select fields are stored as values, not as IDs..). So Bugzilla 4.4 DB can be upgraded to Bugzilla4Intranet with usual ./checksetup.pl, but NOT back. Make a backup if you try bugzilla4intranet.

Comment

Originally posted by vitalif View Post
      [...]
      Interesting. I noticed Gravatar is mentioned in the features list. I hope it is optional (and off by default)? Last thing I want is to be tracked by advertisers on a private bugtracker (or anywhere)...

Comment

Is there anything being done about the email address being public, or is this just fundamentally unfixable? I really hate having a secondary address just to avoid spam, and then missing bugzilla notifications because of it.

Comment

This is good news for Bugzilla.

But, sadly the winner of the "Make Bugzilla Pretty" won't see his layout and theme in the 5.0 milestone.

All the votes are in for the “Make Bugzilla Pretty” contest, and we have a winner! First off, let me say that every single entry was amazing. Every single person who entered had innovat…

The bug tracking that work ended up getting closed WONTFIX.

Hopefully someone will pickup the torch now that the pages have been made HTML5 compliant and the project uses git. Bugzilla desperately needs a makeover, in particular in the "dashboard" area. Competition from the likes GitHub, JIRA, Trello, etc in the area of issue tracker management will hopefully light a fire under Bugzilla to get moving on this!

BTW, there are a couple other small but nice changes in 5.0:

- Bugs: There is now a "Preview" mode when creating a new comment that allows you to see how the comment will look before committing to the database.
          - Searches: Some useful searches have been added to the Bugzilla home page.

Comment

Originally posted by Remdul View Post
            Interesting. I noticed Gravatar is mentioned in the features list. I hope it is optional (and off by default)? Last thing I want is to be tracked by advertisers on a private bugtracker (or anywhere)...
            Of course it's optional, and you can specify your own avatar service URL, this is how I've implemented avatars in our corporate bugtracker :-)

Comment

Originally posted by leif81 View Post
              This is good news for Bugzilla.

But, sadly the winner of the "Make Bugzilla Pretty" won't see his layout and theme in the 5.0 milestone.

All the votes are in for the “Make Bugzilla Pretty” contest, and we have a winner! First off, let me say that every single entry was amazing. Every single person who entered had innovat…

The bug tracking that work ended up getting closed WONTFIX.

Hopefully someone will pickup the torch now that the pages have been made HTML5 compliant and the project uses git. Bugzilla desperately needs a makeover, in particular in the "dashboard" area. Competition from the likes GitHub, JIRA, Trello, etc in the area of issue tracker management will hopefully light a fire under Bugzilla to get moving on this!

BTW, there are a couple other small but nice changes in 5.0:

- Bugs: There is now a "Preview" mode when creating a new comment that allows you to see how the comment will look before committing to the database.
              - Searches: Some useful searches have been added to the Bugzilla home page.
              "Preview" mode is in Bugzilla4Intranet since, I think, 2011...

About the "make it pretty": in the latest version of my fork I use "Mozilla" skin by default (like http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ with some css fixes) :-)

+ Interesting info about the "contest", I didn't know about it, thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
                Is there anything being done about the email address being public, or is this just fundamentally unfixable? I really hate having a secondary address just to avoid spam, and then missing bugzilla notifications because of it.
                Email addresses are hidden in bugzilla for anonymous users, but shown for anyone who is authorized. Does that mean 'public' for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
                  If you can't use your email because it gets spammed you really need a better spam filter.

Comment

Working...
                  X