Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Developers Are Still Working On Direct3D 10/11 Support

Phoronix: Wine Developers Are Still Working On Direct3D 10/11 Support

Besides covering the shortcomings of Gallium3D's Direct3D 9 implementation for Wine, Stefan D?singer of CodeWeavers also provided a look at the overall state of Wine's Direct3D/graphics support while he was in Brussels at FOSDEM...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So the work on CSMT is stalled and d3d9 patches, while being complete and useful, are not accepted. I don't know how to call this other than 'sabotage'.

Comment

Does that sentence even mean anything ?
      Among recent progress made is fullscreen focus loss handling, continued work on Direct3D 10, multi-threaded D3D command stream (CSMT) work has stalled, and an update on performance monitoring.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin2x View Post
        So the work on CSMT is stalled and d3d9 patches, while being complete and useful, are not accepted. I don't know how to call this other than 'sabotage'.
        csmt bundled with wine-staging-1.7.35 fixes a severe flicker problem. I am too lazy to look for the bug id but dark souls II is affected and many more games. -> It is being worked on csmt
        There is a incomplete not really working workaround for this because it's one of the more severe issues. Take a look at the bugtracker. I can imagine some minor patches are ignored until this is fixed (without csmt). What patches are you talking about?
        Csmt being blocked upstream in favor of d3d10/11 restructuring makes sense and is known for ages ...

I really can't see any conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
          csmt bundled with wine-staging-1.7.35 fixes a severe flicker problem. I am too lazy to look for the bug id but dark souls II is affected and many more games. -> It is being worked on csmt
          There is a incomplete not really working workaround for this because it's one of the more severe issues. Take a look at the bugtracker. I can imagine some minor patches are ignored until this is fixed (without csmt). What patches are you talking about?
          Csmt being blocked upstream in favor of d3d10/11 restructuring makes sense and is known for ages ...

"The work is stalled" means that any existing problems will not be fixed, neither anything new will be added. On a sidenote, I wonder why there is no mention of a severe performance regression that happened at v1.7.13 and hasn't been fixed. It can be clearly seen on the graphs.

Comment

For me it is time to switch over to wine-staging. Prepared an update script for Kanotix (Debian) users to make that as simple as possible. It is very stupid that Wine mainline is so much behind, CSMT is available in CrossOver but not in Wine, I see absolutely no logic behind that. What i really hate is the state of dwrite, it did never work for Steam and you have to disable it always. Maybe disabled should be the default state for this...

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post

To play Dark Souls 2 I use d3dadapter, it gives a big speed up without any problems.
              RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

Debian has no mesa package with libd3dadapter9.so.0 - and I do not intend to patch that myself. All what would usually happens is that you think of a package name that the original maintainer will use another name for it (happened a few times for me already). If there is a package (+dev package) for that maybe wine-staging could support that too, but most likely only for sid. You don't have to care about it if you use Nvidia binary anyway - i would never recommend using oss drivers for hardcore gamers - fglrx is crap however, but that's not my fault.

Comment

FWIW, I created mesa git and Wine+Wine Staging(includes CSMT pacthes) Copr Fedora 21 repos last week if anyone wants to try them:

Their SPEC/SRPM files were taken and modified from Fedora Rawhide. I'm not sure how long I'll maintain them, so you may be better off taking the SRPMs and creating your own Copr/OBS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                    Debian has no mesa package with libd3dadapter9.so.0 - and I do not intend to patch that myself. All what would usually happens is that you think of a package name that the original maintainer will use another name for it (happened a few times for me already). If there is a package (+dev package) for that maybe wine-staging could support that too, but most likely only for sid. You don't have to care about it if you use Nvidia binary anyway - i would never recommend using oss drivers for hardcore gamers - fglrx is crap however, but that's not my fault.
                    Well I made some packages for that:
                    libnine1-mesa
                    libnine1-mesa-dbg
                    libnine1-mesa-dev
                    It's broken, it smells like a old cabbage
                    Contribute to sobkas/something development by creating an account on GitHub.
                    RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

Working...
                    X