Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LXQt 0.9 Released, Now Requires Qt5 & KDE Frameworks 5

Phoronix: LXQt 0.9 Released, Now Requires Qt5 & KDE Frameworks 5

Version 0.9 of the lightweight LXQt desktop environment was released this Sunday. LXQt is the next-generation, lightweight desktop derived in part from the LXDE and Razor-Qt desktops. LXQt 0.9 is the release that begins to enforce Qt5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm quite happy with that use of KF5. It's the proof that anyone can use the code that KDE devs made without reinventing the wheel or pull the whole workspace as a dependency. This really brings collaborative development between projects. I think it's the good way to develop open source.

Comment

The announcement says "Frost" is a dark theme but it?s actually a theme with white backgrounds :-/ ?

Comment

I'll have to check this out on my Opensuse distro as soon as Tumbleweed has a pattern for it.

Comment

If KDE Frameworks 5 is used that's a plus it doesn't pull in the whole KDE desktop or other KDE-related dependencies so then LXQt should at least be able to run KDE apps with not too much fuss.

Comment

Good news

A backward compatibility with QT4 was only a bridge to really light QT5-only DE. Good.

Comment

It's strange they don't have any Debian repo.

Comment

Some days ago, the LXQt team provided some "performance tips":

LXQt Performance Tips

a must read if you are planing to build LXQt from source.

Regards,
                Ricardo

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                  There is some work to package it: http://packages.siduction.org/lxqt/

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                    And for Arch i find only packages in the aur (lxqt-desktop-git) :/ and i like the stable versions but not the git version ....

Comment

Working...
                    X