Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro Last Light & 2033 Redux Get Updated For Linux

Phoronix: Metro Last Light & 2033 Redux Get Updated For Linux

The developers working on the Linux versions of Metro Last Light Redux and Metro 2033 Redux have released a long-awaited new patch release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

As soon as MESA got OpenGL 4.x i'll play Metro!

Comment

I don't think this is purely a Linux-only issue, but one of the main things keeping me from playing this game is the lack of keybinding support for extra mouse buttons. The way my trackball is set up makes using mouse2 to aim impractical since I'd have to do weird contortions with my hand to be able to press both mouse1 and mouse2 at the same time. If I could rebind aim to mouse4 or mouse5 I would be golden, but I can't. It's crazy how many games in 2015 still don't have support for extra mouse button binding. We've had mice with more than 3 buttons for multiple decades now for ****s sake.

Comment

Have they added the option to set the resolution? Last I heard they didn't even have that as an option.

Comment

Could u pls test linux vs windows? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sirdilznik View Post
            I don't think this is purely a Linux-only issue, but one of the main things keeping me from playing this game is the lack of keybinding support for extra mouse buttons. The way my trackball is set up makes using mouse2 to aim impractical since I'd have to do weird contortions with my hand to be able to press both mouse1 and mouse2 at the same time. If I could rebind aim to mouse4 or mouse5 I would be golden, but I can't. It's crazy how many games in 2015 still don't have support for extra mouse button binding. We've had mice with more than 3 buttons for multiple decades now for ****s sake.
            My suspicion is that many of these games are made for consoles and PC support is almost like a 10th-place afterthought.

Though I think Metro games are actually targeted to PC, so these could be an exception.

Comment

Originally posted by sirdilznik View Post
              IMHO:
              Is an Windows "core gamer" around who can give an better answer? Probably there is simply no demand for such fancy stuff. . .
              left: shot; right: aim; middle: melee; scroll: change weapn; WASD: move; E: use stuff; R: Reload; F: Flashlight or similar and so on . . .
              Metro is just a shooter like about 9 million others with the same default layout. 99% of the users probably did not think about changing keybindings
              This was the way to play in 90th - when i was playing games - and nothing changed so far.

Workaround: Since we live in a Linux world you can trigger a keyboard command when using an extra mouse button with xkeybindings i believe ( but i am not sure about the tool's name )

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
                At 10fps, LOL...

Comment

Another game with benchmark mode for Michael!

See Ravens Cry benchmark anouncement http://steamcommunity.com/app/281130?l=german

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
                    Why wait for OpenGL4?
                    I've played metro last light with mesa/radeon, because it wouldn't work with fglrx.
                    Now that it also works with fglrx, I am running fglrx again.

Comment

Working...
                    X