Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mir 0.11 Released With Many Enhancements

Phoronix: Mir 0.11 Released With Many Enhancements

Version 0.11 of the Mir Display Server was released this week for Ubuntu...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

good i think now it should be even faster than wayland

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
      good i think now it should be even faster than wayland
      Why do you think so?
      Mir will never catch up with wayland. Canonical doesn't have the man power!

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post
        Why do you think so?
        I dosent need to...
        Its a freacking display server not a OS meaing its a small project wich does very little.

The reason why X got so bad was beacause it tried to do too many retard things, all it needs to do its push pixels and manage how windows/input talk to each other.

Ive got a window display it and give me the input if i'm focused.

Comment

Why do you think so?
          because it uses double buffering, and fullscreen compositor bypassing
          but i still think than wayland its a better option cause its better supported and far more stable

Comment

Originally posted by TheSoulz View Post
            I dosent need to...
            Its a freacking display server not a OS meaing its a small project wich does very little.

The reason why X got so bad was beacause it tried to do too many retard things, all it needs to do its push pixels and manage how windows/input talk to each other.

Ive got a window display it and give me the input if i'm focused.
            Xserver was build to do many things also it was Built before we had GPU's it did it's job for the time it was Built and the display server does a lot more then most people think

Comment

Originally posted by Attent?ter View Post
              Xserver was build to do many things also it was Built before we had GPU's it did it's job for the time it was Built and the display server does a lot more then most people think
              X is not bad in fact its amazing it lasted so long but now its bloated and not up to modern standards.
              Sure the display server does a few things but its not too complex it needs "man power" what it really needs is "brain power" to it fast and do it smart.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
                because it uses double buffering, and fullscreen compositor bypassing
                And wayland/weston doesn't?!

Comment

Who cares about weston?
                  Does anyone really use weston as a compositor?

Weston porpuse is for wayland to test its protocol.
                  Its a shame everyone is slow to move to wayland, the protocol is ready but there is no real compositor for it.
                  Gnome/mutter 3.16 is getting there but it still needs alot of work, i expect another year before we have a decent compositor/enviroment.

Comment

no AFAIK. but its very strange to use weston as a compositor

Comment

Working...
                    X