Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-BSD Releases Lumina Desktop 0.8.2

Phoronix: PC-BSD Releases Lumina Desktop 0.8.2

The PC-BSD developers behind the original Lumina Desktop Environment have put out a new "spit and polish" release of Lumina...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow, that looks really nice.

There's still a few things to be smoothed out, like the square windows.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
      Wow, that looks really nice.

There's still a few things to be smoothed out, like the square windows.
      Looks nice .

Comment

Looks likes it is coming along. Still no options for scaling the wallpaper.

Comment

Reminds me of KDE3.

Comment

is everyone doing their own desktop ?

Well it's not necessarily a bad thing but I see more and distros getting their own desktop. I like how lxde and razor-qt came together and but hey there's also the idea that "the more the merrier" so bring on the desktops. Btw I'll still use KDE and maybe lxqt.
            Hopefully some of these desktops will be adopted by more than one distro and will get to be as mature as KDE is.

Comment

Now what if Lumina is ported to Linux? Will it be THE desktop everyone would want? In my opinion Lumina seems quite nice and would love to try the finished product out

Comment

I had my doubts about this project, but seeing it in its current state, I am actually really interested in it.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
                  Reminds me of KDE3.
                  It looks like a mix of KDE and Gnome. It even has KDE 4 icons. I wonder how it looks under the hood in comparison to Linux DE's: phonon, dbus, pulseaudio, systemd integration (just kidding).

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                    It looks like a mix of KDE and Gnome. It even has KDE 4 icons. I wonder how it looks under the hood in comparison to Linux DE's: phonon, dbus, pulseaudio, systemd integration (just kidding).
                    I thought KDE used lgpl3 licenses for icons. Is lumina accepting copyleft licenses? I thought most bsd people preferred permissive licenses.

Comment

Working...
                    X