Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland's Weston Gets A Surface-Shooting API

Phoronix: Wayland's Weston Gets A Surface-Shooting API

One of the early additions past the recent Wayland 1.7 release to the Weston reference compositor is a surface-shooting API to be used for debugging...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wish someone would send in a patch to make the panel in Wayland switchable from top to bottom. Now the only valid values are 'top' and 'none'.

The Wayland backend for GTK still needs lots of work. It is buggy.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I wish someone would send in a patch to make the panel in Wayland switchable from top to bottom. Now the only valid values are 'top' and 'none'.

Does wayland have a "panel" conecpt or are you talking about weston?

Comment

you're confusing wayland with weston. wayland is just protocol, weston is reference compositor implementation. i doubt panel could ever be part of protocol

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
          Does wayland have a "panel" conecpt or are you talking about weston?
          Sorry, I meant to write Weston.

Comment

Sorry, I meant to write Weston.
            Then doesn't matter. Weston is only reference compositor and it has nothing to what Wayland can/can't do.

Comment

Working...
            X