Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing Details On The Alleged MJ Ubuntu Tablet Design

Phoronix: Pricing Details On The Alleged MJ Ubuntu Tablet Design

A few days after receiving the revised specifications for the "MJ Tech" Ubuntu Tablet, I've received their pricing information for this tablet that will hopefully ship later in the year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nexus 9 is at 350 with 2gb ram and much less storage.

If they stay competitive and the product ends good quality, then I think it will do good.

I think they should start demoing its capabilities on vid or get into some of those expos / fairs

Comment

If you do a search on Facebook for MJ Technology, you will find several videos of them testing different Linux distributions and more specification information about the tablets. I have been following them since finding the article back in December on Phoronix.

Comment

After doing some more reading and research, I looked at the IndieGoGo page for this new tablet. They are bringing out multiple models, varying in CPU speed, RAM, and internal storage with a multiple of prices.

The one thing that caught my eye was besides an Ubuntu Linux OS option, they are also offering a dual boot Ubuntu Linux / Windows 10 setup, with both Home and Professional versions available.

I also looked at several of their videos where they tested different Linux distros for booting and useability.

I think this tablet is the real deal. MJ Technology has already brought one tablet to market, a 7inch Android tablet with a HDTV television tuner built in. I hope this IndieGoGo plan works out for them. I plan to order one, and I hope other people will to.

Comment

Working...
        X