Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 15.04 Defaults To A Purple Wallpaper

Phoronix: Ubuntu 15.04 Defaults To A Purple Wallpaper

The official wallpaper of the upcoming Ubuntu 15.04 release was announced this morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I still fondly remember the Hardy Heron wallpaper

I still fondly remember the Hardy Heron wallpaper, which was amazing. Too bad they don't put in the same effort any more .

Comment

How exciting, wallpaper news!

Comment

I'm having flashbacks to Jaunty, that featured a lot of purple too from what I remember. A significant upgrade from Hardy Heron's brown colour scheme.

That is from when I actually used Ubuntu. I now use a proper distribution

Comment

I liked the Hardy/8.04 theming and artwork. Old-school Ubuntu brown at its best.
          Lucid's "Light" themes were pretty too.

Comment

Was there ever any ubuntu release without a purple default wallpaper?

Comment

The grayscale version can be used by artists and end-users to make their own version with their hue of choice.

You can make a green, blue, orange, yellow or pink version.

Just open it up in GIMP and change the tint, hue or color balance.

Comment

I love the simplicity of that theme!

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                  Was there ever any ubuntu release without a purple default wallpaper?
                  Hardy/8.04
                  I think Ibex/8.10 still had brown too, but I'm pretty sure Jaunty/9.04 was the beginning of the purple fetish.

Comment

9.04 was still brown.
                    I think 10.04 was the first purple one.

Comment

Working...
                    X