Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Is Going To Open-Source SageTV

Phoronix: Google Is Going To Open-Source SageTV

Google is going to be open-sourcing SageTV, the proprietary DVR/HTPC software Google acquired back in 2011...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good cause the current selection of TV capture software sucks on Linux. It sucks on Windows as well but it has MediaPortal and that so far works the best. Too bad the mediaportal people have no interest to port it over to Linux. MythTV is just mind numblingly hard to get anything working on it. If it isn't my capture card it's the convoluted way it handles everything. Every other Media software either handles ATSC or just acts like XBMC. Sorry, I mean Kodi.

Comment

Where's the Love?

When Google is wrongly accused of not supporting older Linux kernels., you get posts like this:

Originally posted by ucepit View Post
      I have to agree with you, Google is fast becoming the new Micro$oft and Ubuntu is following along in their footsteps.

Now lets see how people react to Google once again making another huge contribution to the open source ecosystem.

Comment

Originally posted by slacka View Post
        Now lets see how people react to Google once again making another huge contribution to the open source ecosystem.
        You see, a company's evilness is a max() operation. max(evil, good) = evil.

It's like Sony, after all the shit they did it doesn't matter if their division cured cancer.

Comment

Working...
        X