Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of Wonders III Now In Beta For Linux

Phoronix: Age of Wonders III Now In Beta For Linux

The latest game to make it over to Linux is Age of Wonders III. We've known for a while the game was being ported to Linux while now it's finally in open beta via Steam...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Time to try again. It has been listed among linux games for a while, but clicking download, it downloaded the windows version, and since it doesn't launch without Stream, you couldn't even run it standalone with Wine.

Comment

I am wondering how that game compares to Total Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
        I am wondering how that game compares to Total Wars.
        (null)

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
          Time to try again. It has been listed among linux games for a while, but clicking download, it downloaded the windows version, and since it doesn't launch without Stream, you couldn't even run it standalone with Wine.
          You have to opt into the 1.5 open beta.

Comment

Originally posted by storma View Post
            You have to opt into the 1.5 open beta.
            Yes. I tried it.

Sorry, I mean (null)

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
              Yes. I tried it.

Sorry, I mean (null)
              For the moment it seems gamepaly works pretty well, but only runs at a fixed windowed resolution and the graphics options aren't all there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                Phoronix: Age of Wonders III Now In Beta For Linux
                Can I play this without Steam? Is there a Stream-free purchase or Desura purchase option? I'd love to try this.

Comment

The upcomoning DLC is told to support linux (on steam)

Eternal Lords is the major, second expansion for the acclaimed strategy game Age of Wonders III, marking one year of continuous development since its release. With the introduction of the Tigran and Frostling races and the new Necromancer class, players must adapt to a world on the brink of cataclysmic change.

Comment

Working...
                  X