Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Open-Sources MSBuild Engine

Phoronix: Microsoft Open-Sources MSBuild Engine

The latest open-sourcing at Microsoft is the opening up of MSBuild, the Microsoft Build Engine that serves as the build platform for .NET and Visual Studio...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I was looking into some asp.net Vnext or v5 tutorials on VS2015 beta, they use Bower to manage javascripts/css frameworks, even they use grunt for tasks like compile sass/less etc, so they have a nodejs server in background. Probably is available on VS2013, but I don't used it never. I only tried VS2010. Anyways, WebStorm from Idea have the same tools for frontend development and probably is better for nodejs. It's interesting how nodejs is gettin in the diferent IDEs.

There is some tutorial to build asp.net V5 and test it on Linux?

Comment

Ew. Microsoft infecting the community. Resist at all costs.

Comment

Microsoft has also releases the driver framework for the kernel and userspace under the MIT License and Sample code (Unknown License)

Windows driver frameworks source on GitHub

Comment

I pretty much expected something like this to happen from the discussion on the coreclr repo, basically their motive on this is getting coreclr self hosting essentially and not wanting to have to rely on other people's solutions.

Comment

They try to promote their tools to android developers becouse of lack of windows phone applications.This is my opinion of course

Comment

Microsoft <3

This is awesome!

I love Microsoft, they are going in the right direction. Lots of interesting things happening after Steve Balmer left and Satya Nadella took over.

Microsoft is opening up a lot of technology and embracing open source more and more. This is very exciting!

C# is amazing, and the .NET Framework is awesome, and Visual Studio is great!
              I am very excited for Visual Studio 2015, and I can't wait for better support for running .NET applications under Linux.

It would be sweet to run Visual Studio under Linux. One can only dream...

I hope they don't mess up with Windows 10 though, because the icons are really horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                Lots of interesting things happening after Steve Balmer left and Satya Nadella took over.
                Like the problems one the last 5-6 Patchdays? Or the disbanded security team? Dont get the wrong impression. Some decisions are great but some others are horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
                  Like the problems one the last 5-6 Patchdays? Or the disbanded security team? Dont get the wrong impression. Some decisions are great but some others are horrible.
                  ... and the inherent design flaws in the kernel's design, failure to acknowledge and deal with security issues in a timely fashion, easily the most vulnerable-to-virus OS on the planet, their "walk-against-the-wind" attitude toward most things that aren't profitable for them........ Idunno. I don't trust a child molester just because they served some time for their dirt.

Yes. I totally just compared Microsoft to a child molester. haha.

Comment

There is the first troll/fanatic ...

Comment

Working...
                    X