Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allwinner Plays Around With Licenses On Its Media Codec

Phoronix: Allwinner Plays Around With Licenses On Its Media Codec

Allwinner has yet to clarify their license position on their media codec code or fully open up their encode/decode library for that matter when it's fairly clear they're violating the GPL and recently they've been trying to cover it up by obfuscating their binaries...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Allwinner Plays Around With Licenses On Its Media Codec

Allwinner has yet to clarify their license position on their media codec code or fully open up their encode/decode library for that matter when it's fairly clear they're violating the GPL and recently they've been trying to cover it up by obfuscating their binaries...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...icense-Updates
    There is no use in patting them on the back AT ALL... unless they acutally abid by the licesnse they themselves are putting back where they should be.

If anything thier current possition is even more heinous as they are openly and blatantly violating... rather than sneaking and everyone knowing that they are doing it anyway.

Comment

Allwinner sucks

I've been reading a lot of these articles lately and really, I just think people should stop buying their products. With all the unethical stuff they pull time and time again and consistently lie when called out about their GPL violations and everything else, someone should realistically just sue the jerks. Apparently they don't care one bit that what they may doing is wrong and despite them saying "we'll behave", show me one article Michael has posted that shows that they are actually following through on that. Instead they try to hide what they are doing, I say forget them and boycott their products. They haven't changed one bit...

Comment

Working...
      X