Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Is Hiring Two More Open-Source Linux GPU Driver Developers

Phoronix: AMD Is Hiring Two More Open-Source Linux GPU Driver Developers

AMD issued two job postings this past week for hiring more open-source Linux graphics driver developers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will they rewrite the firmware and release the source code this time?

Comment

sensior ones are the best

I had a company I'd hire only sensior devs too ... senior ones just don't cut it these days Not to mention that is they do indeed "doordinate" well they can achieve quite a lot.

Michael go easy on those beers )
      Last edited by mcirsta; 22 March 2015, 10:03 AM.

Comment

So they'll have 3 people working on it from now on? Great news!

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
          More than that. There are at least 5 AMD employees working on it now. Plus these 2.

EDIT: Plus I doubt OSS devs wrote the proprietary microcode, so more than that even.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
            These developers would be joining the team of existing open-source Linux Radeon driver developers including Alex Deucher, Marek Ol??k, Christian K?nig, Michel D?nzer, etc.
            At least 6!

Comment

Hell yeah!

Comment

This is definitely good news. AMD's open source drivers are very nice but with all the new technologies coming out and intel basically not contributing to mesa anymore, their current devs will just never catch up. If mesa had complete OGL 4.5 support, I doubt they'd feel the need to hire more devs.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  This is definitely good news. AMD's open source drivers are very nice but with all the new technologies coming out and intel basically not contributing to mesa anymore, their current devs will just never catch up. If mesa had complete OGL 4.5 support, I doubt they'd feel the need to hire more devs.
                  Huh? I thought it was Intel driving the OpenGL development? Isn't the classic Mesa interface the same exact thing as the OpenGL state tracker?

Comment

I propose to AMD to be active developer of Galium Nine and do some deal with a known company to release "Ten". Also get done with some thinks like crossfire. Example question: One of my laptops has an A6-6310 and an R5-m230, can i use both GPUs in asymmetric crossfire with Gallium or even with Catalyst?

Comment

Working...
                    X