Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support For Multiple Graphics Drivers With AMDKFD Kernel Driver

Phoronix: Support For Multiple Graphics Drivers With AMDKFD Kernel Driver

A patch published on Sunday for the new AMDKFD HSA kernel driver adds support for using more than one graphics card/driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

AMD is doing great work.

Comment

Originally posted by gnufreex View Post
      AMD is doing great work.
      They are.

On a related note, I hope that the Rx 3xx cards will be supported by Mesa soon after release ... I'd like to buy a new card (100-500?) some time this year, and I don't want NVIDIA crap ...

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalGamma View Post
        They are.

On a related note, I hope that the Rx 3xx cards will be supported by Mesa soon after release ... I'd like to buy a new card (100-500?) some time this year, and I don't want NVIDIA crap ...
        I'm trying to be patient in waiting for a decent laptop with the recent highend AMD components. Will it be possible to get an AMD APU combined with a high performance GPU in a notebook?

Comment

Originally posted by jaxxed View Post
          I'm trying to be patient in waiting for a decent laptop with the recent highend AMD components. Will it be possible to get an AMD APU combined with a high performance GPU in a notebook?
          They seem to pretty hard to find... Anytime I see an AMD sticker on a laptop its a very low end HP
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalGamma View Post

On a related note, I hope that the Rx 3xx cards will be supported by Mesa soon after release
            Most of them likely will, because if rumors are true most of 3xx line cards will be rebrends:

AMD Radeon R5, R7 and R9 300 Desktop and Mobility Series consists mostly of rebrands - as is revealed by information in driver updates.

Comment

Originally posted by gnufreex View Post
              AMD is doing great work.
              Nope. There are many things that are not good with the foss driver. Depends on your use case of course.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                Most of them likely will, because if rumors are true most of 3xx line cards will be rebrends:

http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-r5-r7...driver-update/
                If they are rebrands, they'll be GCN 1.2 which isn't really supported yet.

Comment

Originally posted by gigaplex View Post
                  If they are rebrands, they'll be GCN 1.2 which isn't really supported yet.
                  Yup if i didn't read that article, i would expect something similar . I even see some TS rebrends there, let alone know first GCNs

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                    Yup if i didn't read that article, i would expect something similar . I even see some TS rebrends there, let alone know first GCNs
                    Serves me right for not reading the link. If accurate, that's a complete joke. So much for FreeSync, even the "new" stuff is too old to support it even though the old 7790 does. Not happy that I found that out AFTER I bought my R9 270X a while ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X