Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphany 3.16 Improves The GNOME Web Browser

Phoronix: Epiphany 3.16 Improves The GNOME Web Browser

The Epiphany open-source web-browser has benefited from a number of changes ahead of tomorrow's GNOME 3.16 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Epiphany's webkitgtk just crashes randomly whenever i visit web pages:
    Code:
    segfault at 0 ip 00007f1d1fe691e1 sp 00007ffd076aa580 error 4 in libwebkit2gtk-4.0.so.37.2.6[7f1d1f6f0000+20cd000]
    It is the only reason for not using this web browser with very well integrated UI on my Arch Linux recently.

Comment

How does Epiphany compare against Midori?

Comment

Originally posted by Modu View Post
        Code:
        segfault at 0 ip 00007f1d1fe691e1 sp 00007ffd076aa580 error 4 in libwebkit2gtk-4.0.so.37.2.6[7f1d1f6f0000+20cd000]
        It is the only reason for not using this web browser with very well integrated UI on my Arch Linux recently.
        +1

I wish they fixed that because it is almost unusable as of right now. Sometimes it takes 3 attempts to load a page properly. Also I would welcome some improvements on bookmark management.

Comment

Originally posted by killyou View Post
          +1

I wish they fixed that because it is almost unusable as of right now. Sometimes it takes 3 attempts to load a page properly. Also I would welcome some improvements on bookmark management.
          actually, bookmark manager is still there and awesome as ever (press Ctrl+B). problem is that you can organize without any way to us it

still, first on my list would be replacing old menu with new popover menu. those are so slick and epiphany really feels strangely outdated once you get used to those

Comment

My question is will Epiphany finally be able to load plugins like, oh I don't know... the gnome-shell plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by Modu View Post
              Code:
              It's not epiphany's webkit-gtk

it might be webkit-gtk in general - that's at least the observation I made with midori

Therefore it's not really suitable for production (= needs a certain degree of stability)

I hope that things have improved with webkit-gtk 2.8

Comment

If only I could switch away from Firefox which is pretty... *special*... lately.

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
                  still, first on my list would be replacing old menu with new popover menu. those are so slick and epiphany really feels strangely outdated once you get used to those
                  That gimmick where they require an additional click to show you anything?

Eww no.

Comment

So it seems I was expecting too much to see a screenshot of the ui changes.

Comment

Working...
                    X