Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodi 14.2 Released To End Out The "XBMC" 14.x Series

Phoronix: Kodi 14.2 Released To End Out The "XBMC" 14.x Series

Kodi 14.2 was released today as the last planned point release in the 14.x series. Next stop is the Kodi 15 "Isengard" release!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

For the adventurous user not too concerned about stability
    Like there ever was or is a stable version. Is there another app that was ever better... at crashing Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by laceration View Post
      Like there ever was or is a stable version. Is there another app that was ever better... at crashing Linux?
      errmm, xbmc/kodi never have crashed on me, the only issues you can get is from addons developed in python that can be slow and sometimes addons stall kodi for some seconds.

Besides slow addons (doing lots of url parsing on python) other issues you could get is with a old video chip/card

Comment

Originally posted by TheOne View Post
        errmm, xbmc/kodi never have crashed on me, the only issues you can get is from addons developed in python that can be slow and sometimes addons stall kodi for some seconds.

Besides slow addons (doing lots of url parsing on python) other issues you could get is with a old video chip/card
        I've seen (and reported, and upstream has fixed) predictable crashes in Kodi/XBMC that were completely unrelated to video card or addon. The one in particular I'm thinking of had to do with thumbnail generation so if you had a movie of a particular type in your collection (the one I had was off of archive.org) it would crash every time you went to your movie library.

In the past I've also seen a number of crashes in it related to streaming, though they did involve add ons.

That said most software crashes / has bugs. The important thing is that they get fixed in a timely manner. Kodi is a wonderful media center and I'm glad to see another stabilization release.

Comment

Originally posted by laceration View Post
          Wow, Kodi causes kernel panics?

Comment

Working...
          X