Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd Developers Did NOT Fork The Linux Kernel

Phoronix: Systemd Developers Did NOT Fork The Linux Kernel

Various Phoronix readers have written in this weekend and commented in the forums and elsewhere that systemd developers forked the Linux kernel. This is not the case...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Systemd Developers Did NOT Fork The Linux Kernel

Various Phoronix readers have written in this weekend and commented in the forums and elsewhere that systemd developers forked the Linux kernel. This is not the case...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-No-Linux-Fork
    no shit. it was obvious this was lame attempt at Aprils fools day. i so wish for days when people actually had sense of humour. this lame attempt will just cause zillion claustrophobic topics and clashes

Comment

hehehe,

The fork of linux kernel will be called SystemD

Comment

GotYa-ovich?

I know that guy!

Comment

Seriously? "Gotyaovich" couldn't be more obvious. People are so stupid. Yes, you! If you fell for this, YOU ARE STUPID!

Comment

Would it matter anyway ?
            Github shows Linux having been forked 8259 times at the moment. And this probably doesn't include forks of forks ?
            I forked it once and no one gave a fork.

Comment

you mean they haven't forked the kernel.. yet

Comment

I think this is a pretty funny gag, although obviously not true.

Comment

it took all of thirty seconds to realize that it was bunk and just an early April Fools' day joke or the like.
                  It took me about all of 10 seconds to realize the story was bunk. Tis the season to be incredulous.

Comment

Systemd Developers Did NOT Fork The Linux Kernel
                    How about Linux kernel forked Systemd Developers?

Comment

Working...
                    X