Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD's New "AMDGPU" Kernel DRM Driver Might Finally Be Close

Phoronix: AMD's New "AMDGPU" Kernel DRM Driver Might Finally Be Close

It looks like AMD might finally be close to publishing the code to their new AMDGPU kernel driver that's key to their new unified Linux driver strategy where their open-source stack and Catalyst share a common, open-source kernel driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Request denied!

But yea, finally, but it might be too late for me. It will probably take more than a few months for Rx M300 gear to appear...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
      Request denied!

But yea, finally, but it might be too late for me. It will probably take more than a few months for Rx M300 gear to appear...
      What's the rush anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
        What's the rush anyway?
        I'm moving abroad to study things that involve heavy use of a laptop! So I need one by September 1.

Comment

(Delete)
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Um... if we're reading the same email then Christian just said that Jammy should include the key as a file attachment rather than inline text.

BTW I don't think the plan is to split along radeon/amdgpu lines, just adding more developers to share the maintainer work. We have this crazy idea that Alex should be able to take vacations and sleep occasionally.

I'm moving abroad to study things that involve heavy use of a laptop! So I need one by September 1.
            Unless you are moving to a very cold country I don't think you'll be wanting a Fiji laptop... Carrizo support should be pretty solid by then.
            Test signature

Comment

They already requested the same thing for a xf86-video-amdgpu ddx a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                Um... if we're reading the same email then Christian just said that Jammy should include the key as a file attachment rather than inline text.

BTW I don't think the plan is to split along radeon/amdgpu lines, just adding more developers to share the maintainer work. We have this crazy idea that Alex should be able to take vacations and sleep occasionally.

Unless you are moving to a very cold country I don't think you'll be wanting a Fiji laptop... Carrizo support should be pretty solid by then.
                Sounds like carrizo is really near!!!
                How's your speculation about it compared to trinity/richland(heat throttled problem) and kaveri(not power efficient enough)?

Comment

I'd rather see another mobile highend gpu from amd. Their m290x is falling behind quite a lot against nvidia's 980m. http://www.digitaltrends.com/computi...marked-tested/

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    We have this crazy idea that Alex should be able to take vacations and sleep occasionally.
                    A really bad idea.

Vacations are the root of everything evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X