Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Looks To Have Six Summer Projects

Phoronix: X.Org Looks To Have Six Summer Projects

This summer there should be six students working on new projects for X.Org/Mesa/Wayland via the foundation's annual participation in the Google Summer of Code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Concluding last month was also the GNOME OPW / Outreachy, but unfortunately the X.Org Foundation still hasn't published any remarks about what their inaugural project was able to accomplish.
    I doubt that output/results/accomplishments was really any expectation, goal or concern there.
    It probably has more to do with people driving their own personal/political agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I doubt that output/results/accomplishments was really any expectation, goal or concern there.
      It probably has more to do with people driving their own personal/political agenda.
      Funny, given that your forum posts produce no output/results/accomplishments, and just drive your own personal/political agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by daniels View Post
        Funny, given that your forum posts produce no output/results/accomplishments, and just drive your own personal/political agenda.
        I have no agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by daniels View Post
          gnome outreach program is painfully obviously a part of a political agenda, much like mozilla's CEO stepping down when under pressure.
          not surprising considering open source and academia overlap a lot, and (american) academia has basically been destroyed by political agendas.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            I have no agenda.
            Isn't that exactly what someone with an agenda would say?

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
              gnome outreach program is painfully obviously a part of a political agenda, much like mozilla's CEO stepping down when under pressure.
              not surprising considering open source and academia overlap a lot, and (american) academia has basically been destroyed by political agendas.
              Or, you know, it could actually be recognition of the fact that computing is largely a young, white, male preserve, and in order to attract a bigger and better talent pool it would help if it wasn't seen that way. Which requires encouragement and role models.

Nah, it's clearly a global conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by baffledmollusc View Post
                the fact that computing is largely a young, white, male preserve,.
                asian males are the most overrepresented group in programming jobs... 1 in 3 Microsoft, Twitter, Google, etc employees are asian despite making up <5% of the total US population.
                but I guess that doesn't fit your narrative, right?
                Last edited by peppercats; 17 April 2015, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
                  asian males are the most overrepresented group in programming jobs... 1 in 3 Microsoft, Twitter, Google, etc employees are asian despite making up <5% of the total US population.
                  but I guess that doesn't fit your narrative, right?
                  I doubt that narrative. Feel free to provide an authoritative reference for your claim.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
                    I doubt that narrative. Feel free to provide an authoritative reference for your claim.

would you look at that, not only are whites not over employed, but they're actually underemployed amongst major tech companies.

I think it's time we set limits for asian developers to help promote diversity in programming

Comment

Working...
                    X