Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDKFD HSA Linux Driver Improvements Land Today

Phoronix: AMDKFD HSA Linux Driver Improvements Land Today

For those not too busy discussing and digging through the new open-source AMDGPU kernel driver that was published yesterday, out today are some new patches for AMDKFD, the HSA Linux kernel driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: AMDKFD HSA Linux Driver Improvements Land Today

For those not too busy discussing and digging through the new open-source AMDGPU kernel driver that was published yesterday, out today are some new patches for AMDKFD, the HSA Linux kernel driver...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...A-Improves-Int
    I'm also hoping to upstream the Carrizo code soon, for kernel 4.2, together with amdgpu code

Comment

Now all this seems to gain a good momentum. I guess implementing all that error handling is a lot of work, but I think it is one of the most important parts in program code, to deal with the non-usual things. Because sometime things just try to go wrong. And Linux 4.2 might make it out some time in summer, so maybe that overlaps with the HW release. Hopefully major distros will backport some stuff, on the Gentoo side it should be shiny as always.
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
      X