Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 15.04 Brings Better Intel Performance For CS:GO & TF2

Phoronix: Ubuntu 15.04 Brings Better Intel Performance For CS:GO & TF2

With the release of Ubuntu 15.04 coming this week I've been busy running some fresh comparison benchmarks between the "Vivd Vervet" and former versions of Ubuntu Linux. For Intel HD Graphics users, in this article are two quick results showing how the performance of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Team Fortress 2 has improved on the open-source Intel Linux graphics driver over the past six months between Ubuntu 14.10 and 15.04...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'd love to see FPS benchmarks for CS:GO on Ubuntu 15.04 on a variety of graphics cards including AMD R7 and R9, maybe showing the resolutions and Source engine configuration to get to something at least playable like 60fps.

For example it would have been interesting to see for this article what were the best settings and resolution where there was a sustained 60fps through smoke grenades and other performance-intensive graphics.

Comment

Ubuntu 15.04 better?

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: Ubuntu 15.04 Brings Better Intel Performance For CS:GO & TF2

With the release of Ubuntu 15.04 coming this week I've been busy running some fresh comparison benchmarks between the "Vivd Vervet" and former versions of Ubuntu Linux. For Intel HD Graphics users, in this article are two quick results showing how the performance of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Team Fortress 2 has improved on the open-source Intel Linux graphics driver over the past six months between Ubuntu 14.10 and 15.04...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...el-Steam-Linux
      Really? My 15.04 installation is running noticeably slower since installation 4 days ago & compared to previous 14.04. I have an ACER E5 with an Intel N3530 CPU.

The recommended Intel 1.08 HD Graphics Installer says "not supported"

Any options, other than backing out to 14.10 or 14.04?

Comment

Working...
      X