Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Benchmarks On The Newest Open-Source OpenGL 3.1+ Game

Phoronix: Running Benchmarks On The Newest Open-Source OpenGL 3.1+ Game

With the newest OpenGL 3.1+ game now updated on OpenBenchmarking.org, prepare yourself for a new flow of graphics tests from this GPLv3-licensed game. Feel free to run this test profile too, in order to see how your system compares against other Linux gamers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

These screenshots are on low or medium settings: no shadows, no AO, no color grading effects. Why's that?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      These screenshots are on low or medium settings: no shadows, no AO, no color grading effects. Why's that?
      AFAIK, there's not the CLI toggles for all the advanced graphics features anymore. Thus the default configuration is used.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Is this what the game looked like when the benchmarks were run? Lego Racers from 1999 looked better than. If a game like this needs a GeForce TITAN to run at 100 FPS, I suppose that the engine needs some serious optimizing.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCatX View Post
          Is this what the game looked like when the benchmarks were run? Lego Racers from 1999 looked better than. If a game like this needs a GeForce TITAN to run at 100 FPS, I suppose that the engine needs some serious optimizing.
          Yes, exact as when benchmark was run...

(PTS tip: set SCREENSHOT_INTERVAL=<number of seconds> and will log screenshots every interval of the test running, assuming you have imagemagick installed.)
          Michael Larabel

Comment

Max fps is 120 by default as i remember, it probably does not go above that while benchmarking too

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
              Max fps is 120 by default as i remember, it probably does not go above that while benchmarking too
              Last I heard from the STK devs, it didn't have this limit. I've communicated with them while 0.9 was in development about benchmarking.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

just ordered a titan so I can play super tux cart, thanks michael

Comment

@
                  Michael

Ah OK just guessing for benchmark, i remember it was capped at 120 in actual gameplay in rc1... people should change max_fps value in config file to go above that.

Comment

I'm gonna save so I can buy a PC for SuperTuxKart in the future. Titan X SLI is expensive right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X