Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenMandriva Lx 3 Alpha: Adds UEFI Support, Defaults To LXQt

Phoronix: OpenMandriva Lx 3 Alpha: Adds UEFI Support, Defaults To LXQt

It's been a while since last hearing anything out of the OpenMandriva camp, but today they've put out the first alpha release for their "Lx 3" release that's codenamed "Einsteinium." There's quite some interesting changes with this forthcoming update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

ntpd is a piece of art
    they shouldn't have replaced it, ever

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
      ntpd is a piece of art
      they shouldn't have replaced it, ever
      It's not really that good if you don't have constant connectivity to a higher tier ntp server

Comment

LXQt? I thought that wasn't even in beta phase of development yet, I've tried to use it a couple of times, always seemed like it wasn't even half functional to me (so I just use LXDE instead)

Comment

With the switch to LLVM, I'll be curious to see how it performs against a distro that uses the same components, but with GCC.

Nice to see that some of my work as a translator for Calamares goes into another distrib (I'm a happy manjaro user)

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
            It's not really that good if you don't have constant connectivity to a higher tier ntp server
            for a long time i had a really bad connection on an unreliable wifi card
            lots of dropped packages and dc-s but the time was always on the spot
            any examples ?

idk of any other implementation with that much research behind it
            Last edited by gens; 24 April 2015, 06:10 PM.

Comment

No LibreSSL?

Comment

Does LXQT allow to save current session? I miss that in Unity.

Comment

Complications on the horizon

Too many big changes, I guess the upgrading process for previous users will be a real pain. Luckily I don't use anymore.

Is the 2nd one I see departing from KDE probably due to KDE 5 stability or dependencies. The fist one was PC-BSD but due to lack of systemd is kind of obvious. The interesting part is while Kubuntu 15.04 end up using like 700-800 MB is a lot due to mixed KDE4 and KDE5 libs, KaOS only requires around 400MB.

Edit: Or maybe is this http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ne-Mess-Debian
                  Last edited by darkcoder; 27 April 2015, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkcoder View Post
                    Complications on the horizon

Too many big changes, I guess the upgrading process for previous users will be a real pain. Luckily I don't use anymore.

Is the 2nd one I see departing from KDE probably due to KDE 5 stability or dependencies.
                    LXQt uses KDE Frameworks. If dependencies by KDE were a problem, they wouldn't switch to a desktop with KF5 dependencies.

Comment

Working...
                    X