Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Doesn't Look Like KDBUS Will Make It For Linux 4.1

Phoronix: It Doesn't Look Like KDBUS Will Make It For Linux 4.1

While Linux 4.1 is bringing many new features and improvements, there's one addition that's noticeably absent...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wouldn't make any sense to rush something like this in ahead of it's time. If it's not well made enough, it's just not well made enough, bottom line is the developer pushing for it should get some constructive feedback and criticism (what's wrong, what could go wrong and maybe some nice ideas on how to fix all that) and then put more time into this to make it better.

Comment

I'm mostly concerned about who's going to maintain it, more specifically whether the maintainer is arrogant or not.

Comment

Arrogance can kill good code by not making it better over time; indeed.

Comment

Why do they not like the similarly to dbus?

Comment

Originally posted by pouar View Post
            I'm mostly concerned about who's going to maintain it, more specifically whether the maintainer is arrogant or not.
            Greg Kroah-Hartman is well known kernel developer.. http://kroah.com/log/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Kroah-Hartman

Seriously. it's really easy to find this kinda stuff out!

Comment

Originally posted by toyotabedzrock View Post
              Why do they not like the similarly to dbus?
              Some folks want a generic IPC that works in all cases (still hasn't happened after X years).
              Some folks don't actually understand the use cases of dbus.
              Some people don't like the connection to systemd.

There are quite a few good reasons, and some bad ones.

Comment

Originally posted by pouar View Post
                Really? You must think the kernel maintainer is the worst, then.

Comment

I'd guess Greg KH will maintain it. He also maintains the stable Linux kernel, if that makes a difference.

Comment

It will be required...

systemd FTW! kdbus is just a matter of time. It must go in. It has to. Sad but true.

Comment

Working...
                    X