Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vivaldi TP3 Browser Adds Native Window Support On Linux

Phoronix: Vivaldi TP3 Browser Adds Native Window Support On Linux

There's a new tech preview release out today for Vivaldi, the cross-platform, Chromium-powered web browser that's been generating a fair amount of interest since its release earlier this year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Useless browser because closed source, if company goes bankruptcy or anything then it will be vaporware just like opera was. With open source everyone could overtake maintenance. Better find more C++ coders for otter browser.

Comment

Originally posted by tuuker View Post
      Useless browser because closed source, if company goes bankruptcy or anything then it will be vaporware just like opera was. With open source everyone could overtake maintenance. Better find more C++ coders for otter browser.
      I agree 100%.

Source or gtfo!

They can take their proprietary closed source software and shove it up the ass!

Comment

Originally posted by tuuker View Post
        Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        I agree 100%.

Source or gtfo!

They can take their proprietary closed source software and shove it up the ass!
        "A new browser for our friends"

If you don't like it, then they probably didn't have you in mind when they wrote that.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
          If you don't like it, then they probably didn't have you in mind when they wrote that.
          While I don't disagree with that sentiment, a modern browser pretty much *has* to be open-source to truthfully claim it protects/respects users' privacy. It's a (sad) sign of the times.

Comment

Originally posted by Remdul View Post
            a modern browser pretty much *has* to be open-source to truthfully claim it protects/respects users' privacy. It's a (sad) sign of the times.
            I agree.

Comment

@Michael: Did you miss these 2 posts: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...ht=#post485723 ?

Comment

Native window support should help, when I maximised it under Enlightenment, I couldn't access my auto-hidden panel any more. I ditched it because it was a bit sluggish on my old netbook anyway. I may give it another try on my desktop soon.

Comment

New employee with focus on Linux: https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/team...mouse-gestures

Comment

Working...
                  X