GTK+ 3.17.1 Fixes Many Bugs, Drops XP, Improves High Contrast Themes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTK+ 3.17.1 Fixes Many Bugs, Drops XP, Improves High Contrast Themes

Phoronix: GTK+ 3.17.1 Fixes Many Bugs, Drops XP, Improves High Contrast Themes

The first GNOME GTK+ tool-kit update is now out there for the GNOME 3.17 development series that will culminate with the release of GNOME 3.18 in September...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I would like to see further Wayland support improved.
    GTK does support Wayland, however the Wayland backend is rather immature and does not work nearly as good as the X11 backend.

I would also like to see multi-row/column selection in GtkSourceView by holding down Ctrl+Alt+[up,down,left,right]

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I would like to see further Wayland support improved.
      GTK does support Wayland, however the Wayland backend is rather immature and does not work nearly as good as the X11 backend.

I would also like to see multi-row/column selection in GtkSourceView by holding down Ctrl+Alt+[up,down,left,right]
      I don't think gtksourceview is a official part of Gtk. It is a third part project.

Comment

Originally posted by Jristz
        Unless Mozilla want drop XP support too, I thinkg that a GTK3 Firefox is even more far than the sun from pluto now.
        Or they will change to a new framework or block build with GTK3 to 3.17.0 at maximum... IF they switch to GTK3.

I bet is a bye bye and thanks for the armor from Firefox to GTK3
        Firefox uses GTK only in some Unix-Like systems; and just for the widget part, the rest it's handled by XUL.

Comment

Originally posted by rmiller View Post
          Firefox uses GTK only in some Unix-Like systems; and just for the widget part, the rest it's handled by XUL.
          Specifically, it's used on all X11-based platforms (and in future, I guess Wayland) - not on Windows, not on MacOS.

Comment

Working...
          X