Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTTPS Will Be Available To All Phoronix Readers

Phoronix: HTTPS Will Be Available To All Phoronix Readers

Following the article earlier this week about HTTPS for Phoronix.com, I'm happy to share that I'm pledging to continuing to make the HTTPS support for all Phoronix readers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

unfortunate ad-blocker deriving [sic] the site from its primary means of income
    Again you disparage your readers! Michael, this is really not classy of you.

Even the ad-blocking users are doing good for you by reading and commenting and sharing. You know, maybe if they saw ads they wouldn't want to read/comment at all. They make their decisions on their own terms, and not specifically to deprive you of income. You should be thanking all your visitors, whether they choose to block or contribute or whatever. Being such a well-read blog in the rather small world of FOSS and Linux is a privilege, and you should be grateful, not disparaging.

Comment

Don't forget to use a SHA2 certificate (the intermediate cert will also have to be SHA2) - otherwise it won't show as a green link in Chrome (which it doesn't now).

Comment

what about RRS live bookmarks?

Can you add the Live bookmark feed to http as well? There is no way to edit this in firefox so when you load an article from the rss feed it just goes to http.

I find the rss live bookmark feature extremely convenient to identify new unread articles.

as for the ad block. I use that, and as I said once before, the site loads slower with the ad networks enabled on your site. There are some delays for some of the ad networks and it's really irritating when you know your getting slow page loads due to ads.

Comment

Forum

The forum is displayed quite bad when using https.

Comment

Any news on restoring ipv6 access?

Comment

See these links to test and improve your SSL/TLS installation:

Comment

Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
                Again you disparage your readers! Michael, this is really not classy of you.

Even the ad-blocking users are doing good for you by reading and commenting and sharing. You know, maybe if they saw ads they wouldn't want to read/comment at all. They make their decisions on their own terms, and not specifically to deprive you of income. You should be thanking all your visitors, whether they choose to block or contribute or whatever. Being such a well-read blog in the rather small world of FOSS and Linux is a privilege, and you should be grateful, not disparaging.
                The ads are pretty OK on this site. Does not hurt anything to turn off ad-block just for phoronix. Compare this to www.delfi.ee for instance and load it without ad-block. Now that's some ad horror there.

Comment

Adblocking

Hi Michael,

I admit freely that I do use adblock on phoronix. On sites I like and visit regularly I usually remove the adblock, but not on phoronix. I just tried it again: on the article above and got three ads trying to distract me at the same time with intrusively moving stuff.

As long as you run ads like this you'll have people running adblockers.

I find this initiative very good: https://adblockplus.org/en/acceptable-ads

Ads are fine, but the **must** be non-intrusive !

Comment

Originally posted by Veske View Post
                    The ads are pretty OK on this site. Does not hurt anything to turn off ad-block just for phoronix.
                    You're kidding right? This site is one of the worst I've ever seen for ads. Every so often I feel guilty about phoronix and disable the adblocking, but holy crap this page is terrible without it.

Comment

Working...
                    X