Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improvements On The Way For GNOME's Nautilus File Manager

Phoronix: Improvements On The Way For GNOME's Nautilus File Manager

GNOME 3.18 is shaping up to be another super exciting GNOME 3 update. Aside from GTK+ improvements, better Wayland support, and various other additions being worked on for GNOME 3.18, there's also significant improvements planned for the Nautilus file manager...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Corrections

Just wanting to let you know that his name is Carlos Soriano, Carrer del Migdia is the address...

Comment

switched to nemo

nautilus has been bad since 3.6 but since 3.16 icons are a chaos there are even less options and many other annoyances so i switched to nemo and i really recommend it

Comment

+1

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
        nautilus has been bad since 3.6 but since 3.16 icons are a chaos there are even less options and many other annoyances so i switched to nemo and i really recommend it
        I also switched to nemo. Ever since nautilus dropped split view I used nemo and never looked back.

Comment

Looking to bring back some removed features? How about writing extension codes using these following reference manuals:

Have fun.

And more questions, if you already switched to Nemo file manager, why posting here?
          Last edited by finalzone; 01 May 2015, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post
            Looking to bring back some removed features? How about writing extension codes using these following reference manuals:
            I think the problem is people shouldn't have to do that. Nautilus used to be a very powerful file browser without having to add any extensions. Now it's simplified to the point of being inconvenient for power-users while remaining more bloated than pcmanfm. Right now the only thing nautilus has going for it is tight integration with GNOME and other GTK+ apps, which to some could actually be considered a bad thing.

Comment

Recently, some colleagues told me that some changes will make people angry if we don?t explain them, and my answer was that I didn?t saw those users at all, and that for me or for my close people they think the changes are fine.
              Turns out guy was deaf and blind all along. No wonder Nautilus turned into shit.

Comment

everytime i hear of nautilus improvements i get an headache.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
                  What problem are you having with the icons? I'm on 3.16 and everything's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Pseus View Post
                    What problem are you having with the icons? I'm on 3.16 and everything's fine.
                    3.16 minimal icon size is bigger than 3.14 default size, that messed up my desktop

Comment

Working...
                    X