Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Game Publishing Remains Down For The Count

Phoronix: Linux Game Publishing Remains Down For The Count

This week marks one year since Linux Game Publishing vanished from the Internet...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

More news: my grandmother is still dead. Will also report next year.

Comment

Yeah talk about living ones

Beside Steam and dead LGP talk more about Desura, GoG, GamersGate... or others if exist .

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        Yeah talk about living ones

Beside Steam and dead LGP talk more about Desura, GoG, GamersGate... or others if exist .
        IndieGameStand, ShinyLoot, FireFlower Games, and Groupees all have offerings with Linux downloads they host themselves.

IsThereAnyDeal.com will also be a good way to find others once the guy who runs it has time to extend the recently added "DRM-free only" filter from the waitlist to the general deal search system.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
          IndieGameStand, ShinyLoot, FireFlower Games, and Groupees all have offerings with Linux downloads they host themselves.

IsThereAnyDeal.com will also be a good way to find others once the guy who runs it has time to extend the recently added "DRM-free only" filter from the waitlist to the general deal search system.
          Cool, so tenth different exists and Michael does not write articles about those . Instead we beside Steam, only often read about dead LGP

Comment

They promised they will put DRM-free binaries of their protected games if the service close.

But now there are people who can't play with their (well paid expensive in pounds) games.

DRM is really bad.

For things like this I don't buy / support games on Steam. Only on GoG and Desura. And some HumbleBundle DRM-Free packs.

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
              But now there are people who can't play with their (well paid expensive in pounds) games.
              That might be the reason Michael wrote so much articles about Dead Thing, to give those people some hope... Dolce Vita

Comment

I hope that svartalf will plan to publish games unfinished by LGP. However, I noticed that some websites have included information about the dissolution of the LGP, but I am not the expert in the business.

What does it mean?

They still sell some games on Desura and USC.

Comment

nice information
                  thanks all

Comment

A lot of the LGP games should have been open sourced ages ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X