Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrating A Year Of Open-Source ATI

Phoronix: Celebrating A Year Of Open-Source ATI

This week marks the one year anniversary since AMD had announced its open-source strategy and in two weeks will mark the anniversary of the xf86-video-radeonhd code release that contained R500 and R600 mode-setting support, but not much more. Celebrating this one year milestone was a celebration with Luc Verhaegen, Jerome Glisse, and Egbert Eich during XDS 2008 at the The Bad Ass pub in Edinburgh, Scotland. Discussed at this four-person celebration was the current progress of the open-source ATI as well as DRM hacking for open-source CrossFire (though a laugh at this point), performance counters, the RadeonHD driver, and a whole lot more...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Geeks

They must be geeks when they are hacking away even at pubs

GO ATI, GO ^^ No.. to be serious.. my next card will for sure be an ATI :-)

Edit: Congratulations to the whole ATI team and the community coding the opensource drivers :-) You are doing a really great work :-)

Comment

Damn, didn't realise this was going on so close to home. I'm not all that far from Edinburgh.

Comment

thanks to all devs, I am a happy user of radeon driver on m56p notebook

Comment

Thanks again!

Comment

I love that look on Luc's face in the first pic. This is what I always look like after trying the latest fglrx release.

If you folks are ever on this side of the pond, I'd love to buy you a beer. I've used the radeonhd driver almost since its inception.

I was also wondering if you played any ATI-related drinking games..

Comment

Working...
            X