Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WINE 1.1.15 Arrives With Cross-Compilation Support

Phoronix: WINE 1.1.15 Arrives With Cross-Compilation Support

In the past two weeks a fair amount of work has been made within the WINE development camp. WINE 1.1.15 was released this morning with five major changes, on top of various bug-fixes and other work...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I really like how WINE is getting better in time. I've used it a lot of times for small windows applications that avoided me to reboot on that OS making me save time.

Comment

Any news about Wine64 both in executing 64bit apps and running it in x86 64bit?

Comment

Wine64 is all but useless. Win64 codecs are fine, but why Wine64 ?
        Hardly any apps to warrant for its need.

Comment

It needs to be developed though, so that when 64-bit Windows apps are mainstream they're ready. Plus it's probably a fun technical challenge

Comment

Originally posted by grantek View Post
            It needs to be developed though, so that when 64-bit Windows apps are mainstream they're ready. Plus it's probably a fun technical challenge

"so that when 64-bit Windows apps are mainstream they're ready."
            lol.
            Windows and it's apps will go 64bit only after post-Windows 7. So there will be time before you see all Window's apps go 64bit.... maybe even 5 years.

Comment

That crosscompiling "support" introduced new compile errors when used with --build/host options. Really annoying.

Comment

Working...
              X