Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 9.10 Is The Karmic Koala

Phoronix: Ubuntu 9.10 Is The Karmic Koala

With Ubuntu 9.04, the Jaunty Jackalope, now in a feature freeze for the April release of this distribution update, Mark Shuttleworth has announced the Ubuntu 9.04 successor. Succeeding Ubuntu 9.04 come October will be Ubuntu 9.10, which has been codenamed the Karmic Koala. With Ubuntu 9,10, Mark hopes the Karmic Koala further enhances Ubuntu's position on servers with cloud computing improvements and on the desktop through a number of emerging technologies. Ubuntu 9.10 will contain cloud computing enhancements for those using the Amazon EC2 service or for those looking to build their own computing cloud...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

damn. I really did expect Killer Kobra.

for desktop I aspire 50%-of-the-people everyday things working out of the box.

Comment

Man, I love Ubuntu, but people need to stop publicly using the dumb internal names for the releases NOW. Just call it by its version number, please.

Comment

I knew it will be a Koala!

Comment

I lol'd when I read the name. Thumbs up from me.

Comment

Originally posted by mdmadph View Post
            Man, I love Ubuntu, but people need to stop publicly using the dumb internal names for the releases NOW. Just call it by its version number, please.

Oh come on, I remember Ubuntu Dapper, I don't remember Ubuntu 6.06 or whatever it was :P

Comment

New looks

I'm looking foward the so called "new look" Mark mentioned. A fast and beautiful Ubuntu is all I want (for now).

Comment

Weeeeeeeeee

Comment

Working...
                X