Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CodeWeavers Working On New GUI, DirectX 10

Phoronix: CodeWeavers Working On New GUI, DirectX 10

CodeWeavers, the company behind the WINE-based CrossOver Office and CrossOver Games for running Windows office applications and games, respectively, on Linux (and Mac OS X) has shared some of their plans for 2009. Among the items they are getting ready for is DirectX 10 support and a new GUI for its CrossOver software. Jeremy White, the founder and CEO of CodeWeavers, has shared their outlook for 2009...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The GUI on Crossover products was always very ugly (they used a very old Linux graphical toolkit or something ??) ... its good to see they are working on a new GUI.

DirectX 10 support sounds nice but they should be working on better DirectX 9 support since some games perform really slowly.

Comment

No actually they should spend some time implementing direct3d to Gallium, so we can get fast native direct3d support in linux :P Then we would see some big wine improvements in the direct3d front?

Comment

Personally I would like to see DirectX 9 support worked on more. I'm running a Q6600, 8800GT, 4gb ram setup, and DX9 barely works for me. I've edited the registry to useGLSL and enabled other tweaks, but playing a game like TF2 is still not possible.

Comment

CodeWeavers are the good guys, right?

Comment

Very glad they're working on a new interface.

Comment

Codeweavers employs the big wine developers. If you benefit from wine, you should buy their product, even if you won't use it. But you will end up using it, because it does make somethings much simpler.
              I have a lame duck copy, and will hopefully buy a copy when the license runs out.

Comment

After my success running Darkfall (my favorite game at the moment) I will definitely be renewing my license when it runs out. As far as I'm concerned this project is doing great things... games used to be the only reason I boot into Windows at home, but now I don't have to at all.

Comment

Working...
                X