Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WINE 1.1.17 Released With 64-bit Improvements

Phoronix: WINE 1.1.17 Released With 64-bit Improvements

Since the release of WINE 1.1.16 two weeks ago, the open-source developers have been working on joystick support for Mac OS X, implementing iphlpapi on Solaris, a number of 64-bit improvements, the obsolete LinuxThreads support has been dropped, and Windows regression test fixes. These changes plus the usual round of bug-fixes has now gone on to form the WINE 1.1.17 release. The announcement of WINE 1.1.17 can be found at WineHQ.org with a complete listing of all the changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i dont understand why there is still no real fix for the accept ex problem, that causes problems in game like wc3...
    there is a patch but you still have to manually compile your wine version with that patch and this is quite annoying...
    is this a quick and dirty patch or why isnt this in any of the new wine versions?

Comment

Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
      i dont understand why there is still no real fix for the accept ex problem, that causes problems in game like wc3...
      there is a patch but you still have to manually compile your wine version with that patch and this is quite annoying...
      is this a quick and dirty patch or why isnt this in any of the new wine versions?
      Have you purchased a copy of Codeweavers CrossOverGames and then ranked that as your application to support - or pledged on the fix of this app?

Comment

Originally posted by Craig73 View Post
        Have you purchased a copy of Codeweavers CrossOverGames and then ranked that as your application to support - or pledged on the fix of this app?
        In other words, stick with patching wine. That or if there isn't already a bugreport on this, file one at wine's bugzilla.

..Did I mention wine is free, and 30 mins of compiling isn't much of a price
        Last edited by whaevr; 13 March 2009, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whaevr View Post
          In other words, stick with patching wine. That or if there isn't already a bugreport on this, file one at wine's bugzilla.

..Did I mention wine is free, and 30 mins of compiling isn't much of a price
          I don't know where my brain was at yesterday / I just remember the bug and not that there was some kind of patch there... but yes keep compiling until it's included. Does the patch not include reference to a bug report, have you opened that bug report to see what the issue with it is?

Likely there is some issue with it keeping it from mainlining. That being said, Codeweavers has contributed a lot to Wine and I don't think supporting them is a bad thing, while not free as in dollars, their work goes back to the community (a good combination of FOSS and commercially focused development)

Comment

The bug in question is http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9787

Sadly the Bugzilla for this particular bug has been overrun with useless chatter unrelated to solving the bug. People keep trolling it with demands that it be fixed and others derailing the purpose of the bug (AKA turning it into a support forum for pulse audio).

Its impossible for developers to discuss the bug or a possible implementation of a solution there. Some people should just go back to Windows, IMO.

Comment

Working...
            X