Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X Developers' Conference 2009 Notes

Phoronix: X Developers' Conference 2009 Notes

Last year the X.Org developers raided the Edinburgh Zoo for their annual summit and earlier this year there was FOSDEM for the usual X.Org event in Brussels, while this week is the 2009 X Developers' Conference taking place in Portland, Oregon. While we are not providing live coverage (or audio/video recordings) from this event like those in the past (European events are the best and there happens to be a collision with Munich's Oktoberfest), the X.Org Wiki is being updated with (short) notes from the event. The notes from XDC2009 are available on this Wiki page...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ending out XDC2009 on Wednesday includes talks on the PCI rework (VGA Arbitration), an XACE update, why X.Org sucks and what can be done, X on embedded platforms, "why can't I bisect", and X on alternative tool-kits.
    I hope this talk will not be held by the same person who did the "why Linux sucks" talk. It was absolutely obvious that he was completely clueless but thought he was brilliant for pointing out the obvious shortcomings of the Linux-desktop in it's current form. Guess what: Just doing talks wont fix anything. But he's too busy writing stupid closed-source programs which are barely more than a crippled paint for which he wants 10$. Srsly I hate that guy.

Comment

http://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2009/Program says: "Why Xorg sucks and what to do about it (Corbin)", which seems to be the person known to us as MostAwesomeDude.

Should have named the talk "Why X isn't as awesome as I am"

Comment

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
        http://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2009/Program says: "Why Xorg sucks and what to do about it (Corbin)", which seems to be the person known to us as MostAwesomeDude.

Should have named the talk "Why X isn't as awesome as I am"
        Ah I'm calmed. Corbin indeed seems to be a pretty awesome dude.
        Will there be recordings available afterwards (possibly even in decent quality this time )?
        Edit: Nevermind, I just reread the article.

Comment

Yeah, I will not be delivering a technical talk. This is PR-oriented; I want to address perceived issues that the community discusses, not the actual issues which we actually can (and do) fix on a regular basis.

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
          Will there be recordings available afterwards (possibly even in decent quality this time )?
          Those of us who have prepared slides might make them available. Some of the slides, like Jakob's, are pretty awesome.

Comment

Why NVidia has smarter developers than we do point release.

Comment

Working...
            X