Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Talks For FOSDEM 2010 Still Missing

Phoronix: X.Org Talks For FOSDEM 2010 Still Missing

X@FOSDEM, the X.Org development room that's held at FOSDEM each year, has traditionally been a two day event that runs the duration of this major European free software meeting. This year though it turned into a one day affair, even though there is only one other X.Org conference held each year (which used to be two -- XDS and XDC -- until that fell apart in 2008)...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What about Bridgman? Didn't he give an over view last year where AMD were going and what they were working on right now?

Comment

That was 2 years ago, believe it or not. Last year we didn't do much travelling... I was able to get Alex out to XDC and that was about it.

We're getting pretty predictable anyways.
      Last edited by bridgman; 19 January 2010, 11:50 PM.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        That was 2 years ago, believe it or not. Last year we didn't do much travelling... I was able to get Alex out to XDC and that was about it.

We're getting pretty predictable anyways
        hehe. It would however be interesting to hear about Evergreen drivers, now that Asus have a product

IT LOOKS LIKE the AMD 890 based motherboards are starting to break cover. This particular one is the mid-range Asus M4A89GTD Pro.

Comment

I'm kinda hoping we can have initial (display + shadowfb) Evergreen support out by FOSDEM. Fingers crossed.
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            I'm kinda hoping we can have initial (display + shadowfb) Evergreen support out by FOSDEM. Fingers crossed.
            That would be cool!

I am sure some anyway out there would say, that 32x80 characters is enough for anyone?

Just out of curiosity. The 890 IGP is this small chip what is passive cooled, but the R800 GPU huge and very actively cooled.

Are the differences purely clock frequency and memory?

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
              Just out of curiosity. The 890 IGP is this small chip what is passive cooled, but the R800 GPU huge and very actively cooled. Are the differences purely clock frequency and memory?
              The 890G is a DX10.1 part, so its 3D hardware is probably closer to RadeonHD 4x00 series.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                The 890G is a DX10.1 part, so its 3D hardware is probably closer to RadeonHD 4x00 series.
                hey you are right. It is actually a Radeon 4200.

So it can do OpenCL

Comment

hey you are right. It is actually a Radeon 4200.
                  I thought 785G was code-named RadeonHD4200..
                  The 890G will probably have a 5x00 codename, no?

Comment

That would be cool!

I am sure some anyway out there would say, that 32x80 characters is enough for anyone?

Just out of curiosity. The 890 IGP is this small chip what is passive cooled, but the R800 GPU huge and very actively cooled.

Are the differences purely clock frequency and memory?
                    A little OT, but WHY aren't there any boards with integrated dual-DVI??? (I can see on that one the boring and predictable DVI+VGA plugs) There's no reason to put an old analog VGA plug on them since VGA can be hijacked off the analog pins on a DVI, so WHY???!?!?! I (and I know a lot of others as well) want basic workstation graphics along with the simplicity of IGP, but that actually supports dual monitors, and VGA most definitely does NOT COUNT -- I simply can't take the wavey lines and weird interference patterns.

Comment

Working...
                    X