Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFmpeg Project Announces New Work

Phoronix: FFmpeg Project Announces New Work

Since the release of FFmpeg 0.5 last year there hasn't been much information about this media project publicized beyond VDPAU MPEG-4 ASP acceleration and other features, but today there is a new announcement from this free software project. The FFmpeg project has accomplished now work on the Indeo 5 video decoder as well as the audio decoders for AMR-NB, Sipro, MPEG-4 ALS and WMA Voice, complete support for Bink, CDG and IFF PBM/ILBM bitmaps, an RTSP muxer, Bluray (PGS) subtitle support, a protocol for file concatenation, and the ffprobe tool for extracting information from multimedia files. The announcement can be found on the Ffmpeg web-site...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I totally read "New York".

Thought it was some kind of codename.

Comment

No news about CrystalHD support ! Too bad

Comment

Woo! Indeo! ??

Ah, memories...

...dreadful dreadful memories |)

J.

Comment

Originally posted by illissius View Post
          I totally read "New York".

Thought it was some kind of codename.
          lol same here

Comment

Wow. Did they reverse engineer indeo? BAd memories, also. Had some old stuff compressed as indeo way back (when the codec was a freeware for windows) and then suddenly it disappeared and iirc. even a decoder was only available for $. Quite nasty. Had to recompress a lot.
            Still nice to have something here.
            I hope they also thought of huffyuv and that successor of it lagarith. Lossloess codecs and both of them should be GPL/LGPL but somebody explained me that lags used some improper things in coding so there were some problems.
            Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

damn, was too slow to edit.
              Nice to see BINK support! A lot of games use(d) that.
              Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

The FFMPEG guys are amazing. FFMPEG is th heart of Linux multimedia.

Comment

Working...
                X