Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Launches Its App Store For Moblin

Phoronix: Intel Launches Its App Store For Moblin

Intel has today announced its AppUp store is now available to those running Moblin 2.1. AppUp was announced back in January during the Consumer Electronics Show as a software application store designed for netbook users running Windows and Linux. Nearly three months later. AppUp for Moblin 2.1 is now available. This initial AppUp launch is limited to the United States and Canada, but next week some 27 countries within Europe should have access too...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

WHY???????!!!?!?!

Is there something so truly wrong with just including a decent software repo and packagekit?

Comment

Because packagekit is crap perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        Because packagekit is crap perhaps?
        Really... you're going to make such a bold statement without any kind of support? If you jump off a bridge, you'll be able to fly -- this is true because I ***SAY SO***.

Seems to me that intel has the intention of destroying linux.
        If there is something in particular that they *don't like* about existing package management infrastructure, they should concentrate on fixing those issues rather than polluting things with deadbeat apple concepts.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
          Really... you're going to make such a bold statement without any kind of support? If you jump off a bridge, you'll be able to fly -- this is true because I ***SAY SO***.

Seems to me that intel has the intention of destroying linux.
          If there is something in particular that they *don't like* about existing package management infrastructure, they should concentrate on fixing those issues rather than polluting things with deadbeat apple concepts.
          intel just wants to sell more chips at the end of the day, same with apple, they're both hw companies

Comment

Working...
          X