Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" Alpha 2 Released

Phoronix: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" Alpha 2 Released

A month after putting out Maverick Alpha 1, the second alpha release of Ubuntu 10.10 (codenamed the "Maverick Meerkat") has been released to the wild...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There's also X.Org Server 1.8 to play with until X.Org Server 1.9 has been integrated last month along with other updated X components.
    Is that a typo for next month? In other words, should we expect x.org server 1.9 to start being deployed in Maverick soon, keeping in mind that it will be released within a month?

Hope so, thanks!

Comment

I would expect Xserver 1.9 to materialize in Maverick after the final release.

Also, this Ubuntu alpha release offers btrfs support from within the desktop CD now, but at least for me it is broken and stops the installation process. I have already filled a bug.

Comment

Hey why is canonical trying to skip ahead too far. I know 35 kernel has preliminary hd 5xxx support for open source drivers but seriously why are they pushing it so fast.
        Independent, ad-free, uncensored comedy. Watch new episodes of Dimension 20, Um, Actually, Game Changer every week.

Comment

It has not even libdrm 2.4.21, when i combine squeeze with libdrm from experimental + 2.6.35 kernel vaapi works with mplayer on i5. So u should really update. xorg-edgers has broken mesa at least...

Comment

Working...
          X