Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core 2 Duo E6400

Phoronix: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400

We've been meaning to deliver benchmarks from the Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 for some time now, but with the new site, the upcoming Solaris hardware support, quad/octal core benchmarking, and the variety of different articles we have been working on, things have been quite hectic around here. However, with Fedora 7 Test 4 now being available, we have finally published our Core 2 Duo E6400 Linux results.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

follow-up benchmark suggestion

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    with Fedora 7 Test 4 now being available, we have finally published our Core 2 Duo E6400 Linux results.
    I would seriously love to see the some of the benchmarks repeated using Gentoo instead of Fedora. Basically just a test to see what difference running software compiled with the right CPU specific optimizations can make.

I've been sticking to the convenience of binary distros like Debian and Ubuntu but Gentoo is intriguing and it would be great to see if the much touted performance gains that Gentooites claim are significant on the Core2Duo architecture.

Comment

Dual-CPU motherboard for Core 2 Duo

Does anybody know of any board for the Intel Core 2 Duo CPUs. I am looking for one for E8600, E6850, E6400?

Thanks,

Comment

Any board with X38/X48/P35/P45 chipset will do.

Comment

Working...
        X