Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Is Looking For A New Logo

Phoronix: X.Org Is Looking For A New Logo

XDS 2010 has just begun in Toulouse, France. Well, besides yesterday's pre-event where we were discussing Wayland and other topics. At the moment just the X.Org Foundation itself is being discussed...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Recording in HD, with integrated microphone is just pointless.
    It won't do any good job for non native speakers like me, who need to hear talks very clear to understand
    Please Michael, can't you arrange external microphone output, and then replace stream audio with it?

Comment

I think he's actually recording from line, so the audio source will be clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
        Recording in HD, with integrated microphone is just pointless.
        It won't do any good job for non native speakers like me, who need to hear talks very clear to understand
        Please Michael, can't you arrange external microphone output, and then replace stream audio with it?
        That's right. I barely understood a word in last years recordings.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
          I think he's actually recording from line, so the audio source will be clear.
          For the pure audio MP3 file that is from the line source, but not for the video recording. Those so inclined can manually mix the two, but I have no plans to bother properly mixing it for a non-premium distribution.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            For the pure audio MP3 file that is from the line source, but not for the video recording. Those so inclined can manually mix the two, but I have no plans to bother properly mixing it for a non-premium distribution.
            As I promised, I am going premium as soon as my new VISA card gets acknowledged. Should I understand you will do the mix for premium videos?

Comment

I got an awesome, simple, recognisable, distinct, split in two pieces ("client and server") and only one color logo. But I need a good GIMP expert...

Comment

I also strongly suggest renaming X.org project to something more easily searchable via search machines.

Comment

I find X.org to be a very simplistic and ellegant name. How's Apple any good for search?

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                    I got an awesome, simple, recognisable, distinct, split in two pieces ("client and server") and only one color logo. But I need a good GIMP expert...
                    A logo should really be done with a vector drawing program like Inkscape. What exactly do you have in mind for the logo?

Comment

Working...
                    X