Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LM_Sensors 3.2.0 Has Been Released

Phoronix: LM_Sensors 3.2.0 Has Been Released

It's been quite a while since having anything to report on with the LM_Sensors project, which is the free software project to provide user-space utilities and kernel drivers for various hardware sensors to be supported under Linux. LM_Sensors makes it possible to monitor the CPU/system temperatures, fan speeds, voltages, and other metrics for many systems and motherboards. The last time though we brought up LM_Sensors was in May when it received some better Intel CPU support, but the last major release (LM_Sensors 3.1.0) happened in March of 2009. Today though, LM_Sensors 3.2.0 has been released...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I couldn't find any info in the CHANGES about Core Mobile support (i3/i5/i7 ###M).

They say they added Core i7 support in 3.1.0, but I've got 3.1.6 on my laptop and it doesn't see any sensor.

Also, how hard is it to retrofit a newer version on your distribution? Does it entails moving to a newer kernel, or recompiling one?

Comment

Working...
    X